A Recognized and Experienced Labor and Employment Lawyer on Your Side
I founded Brodin HR Law after working as a labor and employment lawyer for more than 30 years and seeing the need for efficient and effective HR law support for employers and individuals. Because of my strong legal and business education and substantial experience in both top tier law firm and in-house corporate environments, I understand labor and employment law from all angles.
I was recently elected as a Fellow in the College of Labor and Employment, the highest peer recognition a labor and employment lawyer can achieve.
I’m used to addressing urgent, pressing issues in efficient, sensible ways. Are you confronted with a sticky employment situation and need creative, yet practical legal advice? Put my legal education and experience to work for you.
Education in Both Law and Business Puts Your Legal Matters in Practical Context
I have a B.A. from North Park University in Chicago and a law degree from the University of Illinois. More recently, I completed the Executive Program at the Stanford University Graduate School of Business. My education is a triple threat — on your side.
You’ll Get Fresh Perspectives Honed From Jeff’s Years of Law Firm and Corporate Experience
I started my legal career at Winston & Strawn, one of the largest and most respected law firms in the country. I subsequently led the labor and employment practices of successor firms in Phoenix. Then I moved to the client side, where I served as Senior Attorney, Labor, Employment, and Benefits, for eight years at Arizona Public Service (APS), which had more than 7,000 employees. APS recognized my strong business acumen and sent me to the Executive Program at Stanford Graduate School of Business.
After completing the Executive Program at Stanford, I returned to APS and was asked to lead the transformation of Human Resources. As HR Director, I created and implemented a strategic HR Business Partner team, centralized Employee Relations, and launched an HR Service Center.
I continue to enhance my education on the latest developments in the field of labor and employment law, and recently completed the Employment Mediation Training Program at Cornell University’s Institute of Labor Relations (Scheinman Institute of Conflict Resolution).
Jeff’s Ongoing Professional Development and Community Involvement Keep Brodin HR Law Relevant — Which Helps You Stay Current
Jeff’s Professional Honors and Community Involvement Includes
- Awarded the Frances Perkins Public Service Award by the American Bar Association
- Fellow in the College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
- Regular speaker at American Bar Association and Arizona State Bar Association conferences
- Honored by the Maricopa County Bar Association as Member of the Year
- Appointed by Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton to the City of Phoenix Human Relations Commission
- Board Chair, Local First Arizona Foundation
- Lambda Legal National Leadership Council
- Appointed to the American Bar Association Commission on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
- Arizona Bar Foundation Board of Directors, 2008-2014
- Former Board Chair, Southwest Center for HIV/AIDS, the largest AIDS service organization in the Southwest
- Co-founder, HIV/AIDS Law Project, which provides legal services to those affected by HIV/AIDS
- Past Board member, Contemporary Forum of the Phoenix Art Museum
- Appointed Co-Chair of the Labor and Employment Committee of the Litigation Section of the American Bar Association, 2019-2020
More Information About Jeff Brodin, Labor & Employment Lawyer
- Read Full Biography
- View Résumé
- Brodin HR Law Appointed to Phoenix Human Relations Commission
- View Jeff’s recent interviews on PBS Horizon